Serves 6 to 8
It’s the horseradish and Worcestershire sauce that give this roast its magnificant flavour.
- boneless beef rump roast, 3-3 1/2 lb.
- 2 tablespooons vegetable oil
- 4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut in 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks (or small bag mini potatoes)
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6-8 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides over medium high heat. Drain.
Place carrots and potatoes in a five-quart slow cooker. Top with meat and onions.
Combine the next six ingredients and pour over mat.
Cover and cook on low for 10-11 hours or until tender.
Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thick.